Changing Lives Through God's Word
- Donate online or by mail.
- Friends of ELM. Friends of our ministry contribute monthly to Eternal Life Ministries and provide
financial under-girding for every work we are involved in. This is a great way to help support us on a regular basis. (Monthly
- Life Honorarium. A Life Honorarium donation is a gift given to support the work of Eternal Life Ministries in honor
of someone close to you for a special event such as a birthday, wedding, anniversary, birth of a baby; or to honor a loved one as
a memorial. (For example, you may wish to donate a gift of $50 in your parents’ names to honor their 50th wedding anniversary. Or you may wish to donate a gift of $100 in the memory of your grandfather who has passed away.) When your gift is received,
we send a special Life Honorarium card to the individual being honored to convey and acknowledge your thoughtful gift. For Honorariums
given as a memorial, the card will be sent to the family of the individual being remembered, unless otherwise directed.
- To give a
Life Honorarium gift simply contact us by email, or send your gift with a detailed note telling us what you would like done, and the
name and address of the special person you wish to honor, to:
Eternal Life Ministries
871 Thornton Parkway, Suite #298
Thornton, Colorado 80229
tax write-off. The US tax code provides generous deductions from tax liability for your charitable contributions that translate
to tax write-offs for you. Not only does it benefit you by reducing your tax liability for the year, it is also a great way
you can participate with God in his work here on earth. (Write-off)
There are many ways we can be creative in determining how
we will give for the work of the Kingdom that are more non-traditional; here are some ideas.
- Bank your raise and use it for giving.
a tithe from your IRS refund check.
- Collect a co-op donation from your co-workers, and ask for a matching gift from your employer. (Remember, their gifts are tax deductible.)
- Set up an automatic payroll withdrawal as a savings account for giving, or in the form
of a direct deposit to Eternal Life Ministries. (Call your bank or HR office to see how easy it is to do this.)
- Donate Frequent Flyer
Miles—we use these to help with the cost of airfare as we travel locally and internationally. (Contact your Frequent Flyer program
for details on how to do this.)
- Planned Giving. Planned giving benefits everyone whether we are families raising children, empty-nesters,
entering retirement, or planning our legacy. It is a thoughtful process that honors your personal wishes while helping others
as you determine how, when, and to whom you will transfer the stewardship of what God has entrusted to you. The US tax code
provides significant incentives to prepare such a plan, yet over 70% still do not. This is a tragedy because we are the losers—we
allow the unknown to determine the value of our life’s work and legacy, with no regard for our personal desires. There
are many trusted and well-respected organizations that specifically facilitate biblically-designed charitable giving for Christians,
and the internet is a great resource for this. Visit these websites for some basic information about Christian charitable giving options:www.nationalchristian.com or www.aboutplannedgiving.com, which is headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
you can set aside $30/month for giving:
Just $30 a month can go a long way to support ministry and missions. Here are some ways
you can save and “give the difference” for the work of Eternal Life Ministries.
- Have a bake sale.
- Skip a Starbucks coffee once a week.
items in garage sales, on craigslist or eBay—old toys, baby items, furniture, sports equipment, school textbooks, collectible items—anything! Ask friends to contribute their items to sell for charity.
- Kids can offer to do odd jobs for neighbors and friends.
- Sit down and create
a budget, setting aside an amount for giving.
- Empty your pocket change—or money found in the washer/dryer or on the street—into a
jar every day. You can even enlist the help of your family and friends, co-workers, church, or any club or organization you
belong to, to participate. We will even pick up the jars for you!
- When you record your spending in your checkbook register, deduct
an “extra” dollar from the checkbook balance. When you reconcile, write a check to Eternal Life Ministries for that amount.
- Use the money from rebate checks or cash-back refunds for giving, instead of spending it.
- Sell your used aluminum cans and use the
money to donate.
Use your imagination!
Your small sacrifices can make a “world” of difference
for the unreached people around